Best vegetarian restaurants in Madrid
Vegetarianism or veganism are options that in many cases, have more to do with a way of life than with health and nutrition. In any case, enjoying vegetarian or vegan gastronomy is not exclusive of the people that permanently follows this type of diet, whether it’s for health reasons or principles.
Today we would like to tell you about what we think are the best vegetarian restaurants in Madrid, so you can broaden your culinary horizons.
Vegetarian restaurants in Madrid
As in any valued capital, Madrid’s full of restaurants of all sorts. Obviously in the vegan and vegetarian side, this city is no different. These are just some of the most interesting vegetarian restaurants in Madrid.
- Restaurante Yerbabuena: located in the 3rd of Calle Bordadores. This vegetarian restaurant has some great specialties such as the vegetarian paella, the mushroom, spinach and grilled cheese pie, or its aubergine involtini.
- Taberna el Sur: Located in Calle de la Torrecilla del Leal 12. Although it’s not strictly a vegetarian restaurant, it’s a great option for having something healthy to eat. In addition to vegetarian dishes, you have more options in the menu that are suitable for gluten intolerants.
- Vega: You can find this one in Calle de la Luna,9. Ecological products and of proximity for an artisanal cuisine.
- Punto Vegano: This vegetarian restaurant is situated in the 27th of Calle Luisa Fernanda. This cosy place is very close to Templo de Debod. Highly recommendable for its quinoa meatballs, the home-made spinach raviolis and the creams.
- La Encomienda: Just like its name says, this restaurant is located in La Encomienda street, in the 19th. Vegetarian, vegan, ecological and home-made with a fresh, surprising and varied menu. We highly recommend the creams, the soya and vegetables lasagne, and the rice tartar.
- El Estragón: In Plaza de la Paja, 10. Lacto-ovo-vegetarian food right in the Madrid de los Austrias.