Brunch in Madrid
Eating brunch in Madrid is one of those great pleasures of modern life. In these past years, the places that offer this type of meal, half way between breakfast and lunch have multiplied. This is one of the best weekend plans in Madrid and today we would like to show you some of the nicest options to enjoy this special plan in the city.
Where to enjoy brunch in Madrid
If you would like to have a list of the best places to have brunch in Madrid, you’re in luck. Here’s a list of our personal favourites.
- Crustó: In the 26th of Zurbano street. Their weekend brunches are varied and consistent: coffee or tea, juice, several types of bread, tartlet, salads, cold meat, yoghurt, organic eggs…100% recommendable
- Carmencita Bar: A classic in Madrid. Located in San Vicente Ferrer 51, the Carmencita Bar offers on Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and holidays, a delicious brunch with mimosa, bloody Mary, carrot or chocolate cake, different kinds of eggs (benedict, ranch eggs…) sausages, bacon, scrambled mushrooms…
- La Jefa: In the 14th of Recoletos This modern and cosy café offers a very complete brunch on a daily basis. Very good prices and a wide variety of pastries.
- Dray Martina: A very curious name for this option situated in Calle Argensola, 7. Modern restaurant with several breakfast and brunch choices (crêpes, Iberic Ham molletes, different types of eggs, pancakes with maple syrup, quesadillas, fruit salads, focaccias…)
- El Bistró de la central: Cofee, books, breakfasts and cocktails right in Callao. In these past few years their snacks and brunches have been made quite popular. A true must in the Spanish capital.
- Café Oliver: In Calle Almirante, 12. This is the real precursor of the weekend brunch in Madrid. Coffee, tea, chocolate, bread and pastries in this charming and highly recommendable place.