Where to eat in Barrio de las Letras
We already told you about some of the secrets and curiosities that El Barrio de las Letras holds, the most literary neighbourhood in Madrid. In this post, we’re going to tell you about the best places to have some cañas, and eat some tapas. Are you in for it?
Our favourite places to eat in Barrio de las Letras
- Vinoteca Moratín (C/ Moratín, 36): This is a specialised bistro in wine and market dishes. With a romantic and warm decoration, with rural touches. It’s a small, simple and cosy store. The menu is not very large, but they have the best seasonal products, with a great wine selection. Its steak tartar and their Spanish pork cheek cannelloni are amongst the best in Madrid.
- Triciclo: (C/ Santa María, 28): A rustic restaurant with white and wood touches where you can enjoy international food with creative notes. Surprising mixes and innovative cuisine. In addition to this, nearly every dish has three sizes. It’s best to book in advance as it’s quite difficult to find a table.
- Tándem (C/ Santa María, 39): The same group as the previous restaurant (Triciclo) and in the same street, but with a more informal offer, great to go out for something light. It’s Chinese sandwich in steam bread is great, you can’t miss it.
- Ganz Café (C/ Almadén, 9): You will love its food, with a clear Spanish base and a wink to French cuisine. Don’t miss out on their specialties (field beans with quail, scallops, oxtails…) let yourself be advised by the staff. And a small note for the people with sweet tooth, the chocolate and orange cake is incredible.
- Saporem (C/ Ventura de la Vega, 5): It serves breakfasts, lunch and dinners in an original space, eclectic and contemporary and with a cosy inside terrace with a great cocktail bar open until late at night. A place with traditional dishes (like Spanish omelette with caramelised onion), international ones (like the tuna tataki with strawberry and wakame) and desserts. You should definitely try out their senseless cake with oreo biscuits, mascarpone cheese and strawberry tartar.